Monday, June 8, 2009

warning: LONG blog

i am still so happy to be home.
you know that feeling you get when you walk into your house for the first time after a long trip? that feeling as you plop down on your bed and take a deep breath to take in the familiar scents and sounds you take for granted any other day..i still have that feeling. and its been ten days since i have returned. needless to say, it was a long trip.

but it was great. i learned a lot. i experienced a lot. and i laughed a lot. (big surprise).

the trip consisted of eight days.
26th: flew in to Missouri, stayed til the 28th for my cousins military graduation
29th: flew to Tennessee, stayed til the 2nd to visit my friend Brett and his married best friends (Joe & Megan) in Kentucky.


five planes in a week. a lot of transferring. a lot of peanuts. a lot of reading. a lot of ipod. and a lot of beauty in the clouds while flying 30,000 feet above reality.

M I S S O U R I


my aunt pat feeling overjoyed from seeing her grandson after six months.

the arch it st.louis! it's so tall. like 630 feet.
the view is spectacular from the top, but the ride to the top is super shady.
it's a little cart enclosed by concrete walls sliding up an arc..scary.



my grandma and i being cute in st.louis.


this little boy that sat in front of me during my cousin's ceremony. i'm creepy and take pictures of cute little kids.


NAIDA. this amazing lady drove an hour from her house in missouri to
come have dinner with me by my hotel. we had a lovely dinner at the
cracker barrel (SO southern by the way).


my grandma and her sister getting pretty toasted off of their margaritas on our last night in missouri. OH AND SIDE NOTE: las palmas (where this picture was taken) is the greatest mexican food place. possibly of all time. and i don't even like mexican food that much. so good.

T E N N E S S E E


brett and myself in a field down the road from joe & megan's house.
we woke up at sunrise to so i could take pictures :)



i liked this one.


me being awkward.


megan and joe being in love.


megan and i getting ready to club it up in Nashville.
SO much fun.



what i learned:
the south is super cheap.
southern accents are darling. and i secretly wish that i had one.
i have no interest in living in a house that is 30 miles from a store.
and it feels really awesome to be loved by people you just met.

thanks for reading.








No comments:

Post a Comment